Hitching and Reception…

So, by the way….




Yeah no big deal or anything, just wanted to let y’all know that this Northern Girl is now part of the M.R.S. club, married to her Southern Guy. I blame all the planning and moving for my lack of updates, but really there was very little to update other than some wedding plans here and there. So there’s my excuse/apology for not posting the past three months.

Let me tell you, it was an amazing experience! The whole week was a LOT of work, but the end results were completely worth it. The Southern Guy and I headed back to Oregon where we decided to get married, because that’s where my family is and where I grew up, plus my ward family would have been upset if I had it anywhere else too so there’s that.

Anyway, we each took a half day on that Friday because our flight was at 3 PM and we headed out excited and happy. The previous week we had been moving all my belongings into the Southern Guy’s house and then shoved most of it all into the office so it wouldn’t be obviously messy (it still was). On top of all of this we had a friend staying with the Southern Guy in the extra bedroom until he figured out how he was going to make it home to Utah (that’s a whole ‘nother story). So we had all that to deal with the week before us leaving, and all the wedding prep that we could do on our end, i.e. sending decorations, ordering jambalaya, taking care of the dress and the suit, planning hotel and car rentals, etc. It was a crazy three month experience of planning and all the anticipation building up was ridiculous. My suggestion is to plan your reception close to where you live, or make yourself available if it’s a distance away, otherwise you may lose your sanity.


So we left for Oregon…









  And got stuck in San Francisco….


And didn’t get to Oregon until Saturday morning….










With only four hours of sleep….











And lots to get done, we had a wedding happening in 8 days! Yes, 8 DAYS! Crazy right? That’s 8 days to get the reception site ready, make sure food is taken care of, and any last minute arrangements were fixed. I almost lost it a few times, but with the help of the Southern Guy and my family we made it! I’m still working on catching up on my sleep, and we’ve been married for three weeks now!

wpid-imag0987.jpg wpid-imag0990.jpg wpid-imag1040.jpg

So Saturday we get to my parents house at about 9:00 in the morning, and I have a nail appointment with my sisters that has already been pushed back, at 11:00. Tight scheduling from the beginning. From there on out it just kept going, bam, bam, BAM! We went to the barn every day to clean it out and move things around to make room for people who we were expecting to come to the reception, sometimes not leaving until close to midnight. (On the night before the wedding we were all up till 2 AM and later making last fixes to the lights and flowers in the barn, also praying that the rain would stop for the next day.) My family did so much for the Southern Guy and I, it was crazy! My parents both took off time for that week to help with the barn and be available for other things that needed to get done. My mother bent over backwards to get things done, to make it how I had envisioned it, she is amazing!

Through this whole process the Southern Guy and I talked and came to conclusion that even if everything fell apart and no one showed up (which we knew wasn’t going to be the case, but prepare for the worst and hope for the best!) all that mattered was that we had made it to the temple together and were going to be sealed for all time and eternity. In other words, really the reception didn’t matter, the gifts, the pictures, the dress, all those worldly things didn’t matter. All that mattered was that we were in the temple at the right time, together, to be sealed. Of course we wanted to share our happiness with others and celebrate, but we were both more than ecstatic with being able to be sealed to each other, if that’s all we got to go to Oregon for.



However, my mother had been hard at work planning and reserving for the big after event of the reception. We had been sharing Pinterest ideas since Christmas and she had a very good idea of what I wanted, and she has an awesome eye for comparable things that were close to matching. She is an amazing woman, she did so much for us and made the reception more than I let myself imagine. You know how you look at pictures from different events or the same event and it looks so magical, the highest standard is then set. You wish you could have your event just like that one, but realistically it was too professional, so the standard is readjusted to a more realistic level. My mother did the impossible and pulled off a Pinterest perfect wedding reception! It was amazing! I can’t wait to get all the pictures back to show them!

I currently don’t have all the wedding pictures from my fabulous photographer, but I should soon, so until then here are just a few pictures from before and during the event… also a few images of the barn that I just love!

wpid-imag1029.jpg wpid-imag1040.jpgwpid-img_20140327_135542.jpgwpid-img_20140421_111816.jpgwpid-img_20140421_111905.jpgwpid-img_20140421_111943.jpgwpid-img_20140421_112035.jpgwpid-img_20140421_112153.jpg

wpid-imag1037.jpg wpid-imag1027.jpg  So for now that’s what I have on the wedding week story, more to come soon! I promise I will be better at getting these posts done in a more timely fashion.


One thought on “Hitching and Reception…

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s